Vice President, European Council of Interior Architects, ECIA
Architect and Interior Architect, founder of PUUR Interior Architects, Belgium
“The Future of Interior Architects”
Nomination: LAI (Lensvelt de Architect Interior) Award with bakery Van Opstal Van Boxel Brecht B 2007
First prices ,“ Most beautiful apartment of the city of Antwerp” B 2008, Fidias Award “ category commercial” with sport shop Top Running Wuustwezel B 2010 & ARC Award with Universityrestaurant Utrecht NL 2012.
Jan Geysen (‘1976) studied interior architecture at the Henry van de Velde institute in Antwerp.
After his studies he worked at several offices in Antwerp. He went to Amsterdam to work at Inside Outside, the office of designer Petra Blaisse.
In 2003 he started his own office PUUR interior architects, where he works with a small team on a variety of projects.
In 2009 PUUR published a first monograph, published by Foundation Kunstboek.
Jan Geysen holds frequently lectures about the work of PUUR and has been a jury member for several interior architecture masters in Belgium and for different awards.
In 2012 Jan Geysen was chosen as a board member of ECIA, the European Council of interior architects and the Belgian Association of Interior Architects AINB. In 2015 is Jan elected as vice president of ECIA.
A beautiful thing about life is that you can be passionate about something. For me that is interior architecture!
With my own office PUUR interior architects, I learn and evolve every day by working with my team on various interior projects. We create interior architecture with added value for today’s changing society.
Great interiors are for me spaces designed for its users: programmatic, functional, technical and last but not least very conceptual.
Competitions, First places: Learning Centre UVA Amsterdam NL 2012, University restaurant University
Utrecht NL 2010 & Museological framing for an Spanish City Wall Archeology department Antwerp B 2010.
The European Council of Interior Architects is the representative body for the European professional organizations in Interior Architecture and Design. Founded in 1992, ECIA currently represents 16 members- national organizations, with over 7500 practicing Interior Architects. ECIA provides a common platform for the exchange of information on best professional practices and has established common minimum standards of educational and professional profile for the Associated Interior Architects in the member organizations. ECIA is the common voice of Interior Architects on European and international level, promoting the profession as a vital part of society and economy.
• Associatie van Interieurarchitecten van België AinBAssociation des Architectes d’ Intérieur de Belgique asblBelgium – België – Belgique
• Associazione Italiana Progettisti in Architettura di InterniAIPi Italy – Italia
• Bund Deutscher Innen Architekten BDIA Germany -Deutschland
• Bund Österreichischer Innenarchitekten BÖIA Austria – Österreich
• Beroepsvereniging Nederlandse Interieurarchitecten BNI Netherlands – Nederland
• Consejo General De Los Colegios Oficiales De Decoradores Diseòadores De Interior CGDI Spain – España
• Eesti Sisearhitektide Liit Eesti – Estonia – l’Estonie
• Félag húsgagna- og innanhússarkitekta FHI Iceland –Ísland
• Institute of Designers in Ireland IDI Ireland – Éire
• Malta Interior Desgners Association – Malta
• Norske interiør-arkitekters og møbeldesigneres landsforening NIL Norway – Norge – Noreg
• Society of British Interior Design United Kingdom – Grande Bretagne – UK
• Sveriges Arkitekter Sweden – Sverige
• Sisustusarkkitehdit Inredningsarkitekterna SIO Finland –Suomi
• Conseil Français des Architectes d’Intérieurs (CFAI) -France
• Vereinigung Schweizer Innenarchitekten/architektinnenVSI-ASAI Association Suisse des Architectes d’Intérieur Associazione Svizzera degli Architetti d’Interni Switzerland – Suisse – Schweiz – Svizzera
• Zwi¹zek Polskich Artystów Plastyków ZPAP Poland –Polska